Monday, March 23, 2015

Working in the dark.

The electricians are still working on rewiring the house and we still only have one hot outlet in the house.  But we pressed on this weekend anyway.  It's really hard to get anything done while there isn't a good way to light the place up.  I guess we are kind of spoiled to this whole power and light thing...

Deb has been chomping at the bit to stain her kitchen cabinets.  Since we have a different plan for the cabinet above the sink that will not use doors she did a little test run on one of those doors.  We decided a while back that anything we can do to lighten the room without painting the beautiful wood will be the route we want to take.  So we are going to use a pickling (or whitewash) stain on the cabinets.  The door on the left has been pickled.

 
 
Saturday morning I finished taking the door frame and cross bar out that was left of the old partition wall between the living room and kitchen/dining room.
 
Before (old picture)
 
 
After

 
I told my dad and Deb's dad that while we appreciate and want to hear any input they have, they can't get mad if we don't take ALL of the advice offered.  That said, I was showing a friend pictures and she said... What if you were to move that bar over by the stove?  I ran it by Deb and we decided that would be a good idea so Sunday's project was to remove the bar and see how we liked it by the stove.
 
Before
 
 
Bar removed
 
 
 
Bar squared up and temporarily in place on top of saw horses.  Deb thinks using the half doors (that were part of the partition wall) under the bar will be a good idea.
 
 
I forgot and left the Nikon at work Friday when I left so you'll have to excuse the cell phone pictures.  I will stop by this afternoon (if I don't forget the camera again) and take some better shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment