Wednesday, September 2, 2015

It's a good thing Deb loves to paint...

A couple of weeks ago, Deb had a stack of blue paint samples and asked what I thought late one evening.  I was in the middle of something and tired and cranky.  My answer to her was that I didn't want to think about paint colors right then.  So the next morning I woke up to find them scattered around on our bathmats at the trailer.  I picked one out and turns out it was the same one she had picked.
 
Saturday morning, I finished prepping the bathroom sheetrock for paint.  Then started hanging drywall on the bedroom side of the bathroom walls.

Deb started painting the bathroom with the blue paint we had bought.  My first thought was yuk.  That is going to take a lot of getting used to.  I really think she was thinking the same thing but neither of us wanted to admit we picked the wrong color.

Cole and I got after the sheetrock while Deb finished painting the bathroom.




Once the bathroom was painted, we realized the blue just wasn't going to go with the tile and that it looked like the bottom of a swimming pool so back to the paint chips we went.


 
She had some green samples that she was trying to decide what color to paint the kitchen door and we decided Sage Green would work with the wood vanity and tile we have and probably fit the whole color scheme of the house better.  So to Sherwin Williams we went and bought another gallon of paint.  Deb started putting the third coat of paint on the bathroom walls while I started mudding sheetrock.
 
The green covered the blue nicely and only required one coat.
 







 
Neither of us felt good Sunday, so we didn't have a very productive day.  We did however manage to pull the masking tape off the vanity and shower, apply the 6" coat of mud to the sheetrock, and hang the medicine cabinet.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment