Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Muddin' the rock!

I don't know if I have said it on the blog or not, but I have a new level of respect for contractors, electricians, carpenters, rock hangers, etc.  With the help of Google, I feel we can do anything we set our minds to and this renovation is no exception to that.  However, it has definitely been a learning process and will continue to be.  I know I could pay people to do all of the things we are doing and had we done so, we'd be moved in already.  But the satisfaction of having done all this ourselves is worth the extra effort.  (Not to mention the amount of money saved.)
 
We started last week hanging the sheetrock in the new master closet.  I was able to do most of the bottom row by myself but brought Cole in to help me hang the top row.  Saturday, we were able to get most of the top row up but after a learning experience involving cutting out a door way and light switch, we were left without enough sheetrock to finish that day.  It was just as well since we were running out of time before Julia's wedding in Little Rock anyway. 
 
Here we are at Julia's wedding reception.  Deb cleans up pretty good if I may say so myself.  We meant to get a picture of the whole family but time got away from us and we forgot.
 
 
 Cole and I did get the last of the rock (apparently the pros call it rock instead of sheet rock) hung in the closet yesterday.  Deb and I taped it and put the first layer of mud on last night.  I forgot to take pictures of my shoddy hanging job.  After seeing how well the mud covers screw-ups, I wish I had.  I think it is coming together nicely.
 
Here's my favorite mudder.
 
 
Not sure what she was doing in that picture but here she is showing off her screw hole mud job.

 
And here are the views of the walls.  Two more layers of mud and a little sanding and it will be ready for paint.
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment